I definitely had some reservations about this race, mostly all concerning my ability to run a 10k after all of the running drama over the last few months. But at least I could run this one, unlike the one back in April, so I was thankful for that. I also had a handful of friends running this race too, so camaraderie always helps! One of my friends ended up running the entire race with me, which I was so grateful for. Of course I was not able to race because of the pregnancy and my lack of fitness as of late, but I still enjoyed it. I had to make a pit stop after just one mile, something I absolutely hate to do, but the baby must have been hanging out on my bladder because I was about desperate by the time I reached W90th St and Central Park West...the convenient thing was the race course literally crossed in front of my apartment, so instead of waiting in line behind 10 other women, I dashed up to my apartment and got back out on the course in about 3 minutes, ha!
I ended up finishing the race in a 1:01:25, a 9:54 pace. I will take that!
No comments:
Post a Comment