Monday, September 5, 2011

Harlem 5k: Make-up Race

Yes, it has slipped into September, and I have to admit I am slightly disappointed that I did not technically get to run a race in August since the 5k was canceled. But I was determined to make up the race regardless. So, this morning I set out to run the 3.1 miles, and my husband so graciously offered to run alongside me pushing my son. I am always so thankful for family runs, particularly when I am feeling so sluggish. My husband had also mapped out a course for me, even though we had his Garmin to track our progress. Normally I would have run the exact race course, as I had to do in July when I missed a race, but this race was run all on City streets up in Harlem, so logistically this would not work without the traffic protection provided during a race. So, to Central Park.

I actually felt really good while I was running. Admittedly, it was not an easy run, but I did manage a sub-ten minute per mile pace, which is nothing short of a miracle at 6 1/2 months pregnant! It took me just over 30 minutes to run the 3.1 miles, a 9:56 pace. So five races down as I continue to count down this pregnancy, four more to go. I.can.do.this.

No comments: