Thursday, August 23, 2012

On the Road Again

Well, just over four weeks after the boys and I landed in Colorado, I went for a run today. I have been putting off running for a multitude of reasons, including but not limited to unpacking, organizing, acclimating the higher altitude, caring for the boys solo more than I am accustomed to, and sheer exhaustion. 

But today was the day! I have been feeling the itch to run more and more as the days have passed here, and after I consumed my fair share of cake batter and icing from my husband's first-day-of-school-treat (paired with a pretty terrible afternoon with the boys where the thought of staying indoors with them until he got home was unbearable), I decided that I needed to just get out there and run. 

My plan was to load the boys into the stroller, run up to (Denver's) Central Park and let the boys play at a playground, then come home just before dinner. As luck would have it, hubby was not able to join his cross country team for practice after school so shortly after the boys and I left the house, he joined us for a run too! I guess it's kind of poetic that my last run in NYC was in Central Park with my husband and the boys, and so was my first run here in Colorado :)

I'm not going to lie, I was huffing and puffing. Besides not running for the past month or so, my body is in no shape to be running at 5,000+ feet! I know it will take a long while before I am back on pace running here in Colorado, but I hope today's run was just the beginning of many, many more runs that I will do as we raise our family in this amazing outdoors-mecca!

No comments: