Sunday, November 22, 2015

Race to Deliver 4M

As is pretty par for this blog, a LOT has happened since my last post. Mostly really hard things. However one of the positive things that came out of the last 6 months of turmoil was my return to running. I committed to PT every week over the Summer and was really dedicated to my therapy routine at home to augment the work with the PT. I started out in June walking a TON. Like 80 miles for the month of June. Over the summer months I worked my way up to a walk-run and by the end of summer I could jog a steady 3 miles. 

I have continued to run, getting a bit faster (not that that is important at this point), and also increasing my mileage. I can handle a 6 mile run at this point. A lot of my runs are achieved through the school drop off routine with my boys. After I drop each of them at their own schools and get myself to school, I already have 3 miles for the day.

Over the summer I set a short term goal of racing a 5k by the end of the year, with a long (long) term goal of getting back into half marathon shape. Happily, I raced a 4M race in Central Park this morning. It felt great to be back running in my most favorite place to run in the whole world. The weather was great, I had my boys and hubs cheering me on, and I finished strong with a sub-9 pace (8:48 to be exact). I am grateful to be on the road to recovery, literally and figuratively. 

No comments: