I ran for the first time in City Park today after I dropped my son off at preschool. I am determined to get back into running shape, and although I only ran 1.5 miles it is better than nothing. As I indicated from yesterday's run, I am months away from being back in racing shape and further behind pace wise than I anticipated :/. Granted, I was pushing my 11 month old in the jogger, but I frequently trained for the 2010 NYC marathon pushing my then 18 month old in the jogger in NYC's Central Park.
Which brings me to my next point. I miss Central Park! It's not that I didn't think I would miss it, or even that I took it for granted when I lived ON Central Park West. But rather I am quickly reminded that it is the only place of its kind in the world ... ok well the US at least. I did more running living in NYC than I ever have in my entire life. And I have been a runner since the age of 13.
So what does this mean for my running now that I am in Denver? It means I will have to make a more deliberate effort to lace up my shoes, it means that I will have to be okay with constantly dodging aggressive geese and mounds of goose poop (well in City Park at least), and it means I will have to let Central Park go and do my best to appreciate what running opportunities I do have here in Colorado.
But I don't have to stop missing Central Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment