Thursday, January 1, 2015

From Scratch

Today I am starting from nothing. I have zero fitness, not to mention about eight extra pounds. I have not run consistently in about 14 months. My foot is completely healed, and while I am still in PT for my back, I think if I start slow enough I can begin building up my running again. Not running, or racing, for this long is killing me, so here I am on the first day of the New Year (trite, isn't it?) ready to start from scratch. 

This afternoon, the hubs and I took the two boys out to the track across the street. I ran exactly TWO LAPS. That's it. I walked one lap afterwards, stretched a bit, and walked back home. It felt slow, awkward even, and it was really cold and windy. So not exactly ideal for starting back running, but it is a start. I plan to take it really slow. The .50 mile today, maybe another in a day or two, etc. Stay tuned. 

No comments: