Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ridiculous

My husband and I have been told on many occasions that we are crazy in the many odd things that we do; not only in our travel adventures and fly-by-the-seat of our pants mentality, but in our systematic processes too for making it in NYC. This is one such day. 

I was on a mission to find the ingredients for a Greek dinner I planned to make for a friend who just had twins...some of these ingredients can be pricey in a New York City grocery store. So. I put my son in our Kelty child carrier (fits like a hiking pack) and set out to hit four different grocery stores across 2 miles of the city. 

After surveying the prices for each item, I worked my way backwards and purchased the least expensive item at each store...and yes I bought at least one thing from each of the four stores. So not only did I get a great deal on my Greek dinner (I spent about half as much as if I had just gone to one store), but I got a strenuous 2 mile hike in with 40 pounds on my back, groceries in hand...and to top it all off, the elevator was broken when I returned home, so I hoofed it up 6 flights of stairs with said child and groceries.  

No comments: