Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hudson River Run

The oppressive heat has finally made its exit here in NYC. Last week was brutal. This afternoon, I thought it might be fun to take my son out on a bike ride over to the Hudson River, so I laced up my shoes and my husband took his bike with the bike seat and we took off. The weather was nice, with a pretty stiff breeze actually. We made our way across the West side to Riverside and ran along the Greenway. My son had a blast throwing sticks into the river on a pit stop, then we headed back home. I ran a total of 2.1 miles. If I had run the distance from home to the River it would have been an even 3, so I think I'd like to try this route running the entire route so I get 3 miles and my son gets extra riding time. 

No comments: