I had a grueling day of teaching for 8 hours straight and being on my feet all day, but I had to squeeze in a workout today. I originally wanted to run a 4 mile tempo with 1 mile warm up and cool down, so 6 total. By the time I got home, fed the kiddo and got him to bed, it was after 8pm and Central Park was long dark. Bike Time.
I warmed up for 10 minutes, then rode as hard as I could for a solid 30 minutes, then rode a 10 minute cool down. Wow, what a workout. Normally my "rides" are just consistent efforts to mimic running, but tonight I cranked up the resistance and tried to keep by cadence above 100. I feel comfortable saying I achieved a tempo workout. Time to get ready for another 8 hour day tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment