Saturday, October 23, 2010

High-Fiving Gingerbread Men

Only in New York can you be out running a long training run and suddenly find yourself in the midst of half a dozen gingerbread men, arms raised high beckoning for a high five! Swat! I was out running my 15 miler on the Hudson River Greenway this morning and encountered exactly that. Nice pick me up. 

Today's run was good. Although I was scheduled for 15, I ran a solid 13.75 (subsequently mapped) and eased up for a cool down for the last 1 1/4 after a hard effort . Overall pace for the hard effort was a 9:04, and I had a negative split for the out and back course. Sweet. I woudn't claim that it was easy, but the pace felt very doable. True, 15 miles is NOT the same as a marathon, but I was encouraged that I was still up for this pace after last week's beating. Two good long runs in a row. Can you say 'Ready'?

No comments: