Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Solid 45

I finally got on the bike today during my son's nap. True, it was not the same as coasting through the tree-lined hills of Central Park, but it is a great alternative to running when a) I am trying to stay off of my leg for non-quality workouts and b) being a full-time mom prohibits me from training. I put the resistance on pretty good and tried to keep my cadence above 90. I biked a solid 45 minutes, and truth be told I would have biked longer but my backside is not accustomed to the seat :). 

There is no quantifiable way for me to measure the running equivalent, but in discussing with my husband he estimates that with a consistent effort I probably bike one mile for every 10 minutes of riding. Sounds good to me, so I will log 4.5 miles for today.

No comments: