Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Long" Run

As aforementioned, I had to take more time off after the marathon than I anticipated, so it is time for me to start my climb back up to a respectable base long run distance. My goal today was to cover 6 miles. Yes, I have only been running between 2 and 3.5 miles, and it is brutally cold and snowy, and, and, and. I just have to do it. Thankfully I had my transient running partner with me. 

We headed to the South end of the park on the snowy bridle path, hopped back onto the road up the East side, but then when it came to the fork where running straight meant 6 miles and turning left meant 5.2 miles...my body said too much too soon, don't be stupid. As pitiful as I felt, I softened my resolve to hammer out 6, turned left and headed home. I will take the 5.2!

No comments: