There is just something about seeing my breath when I'm running in sub-freezing temperatures. Admittedly, I am reluctant to step out the door when the temperature drops below 30 (ok, 40).
Being cold natured my entire life has lent itself to many unproductive, curled up days. But the days that I do convince myself to run in the cold, it somehow feels like more of an accomplishment because I can literally see my body at work as I hammer through a work out. It's like the slow motion segments of those triumphant sports films when the underdog athlete exhales just before he surprises everyone...well maybe that's is a bit exaggerated...
Tonight's workout was a quick 2 laps around the reservoir for 3.2 miles on a snow packed track. While the footing was tricky in all of the snow, the Manhattan skyline at sunset was simply salient.
No comments:
Post a Comment