It's Friday. It's freezing. Snow still blankets the ground. I do not want to go out on a run, but I know I need to. I have my long run tomorrow, so I know today can be easy, and short, but this does not make me want to soften my resolve...finally I gather a small amount of motivation to head out the door. My keys are missing. Oh how easy it would be at this point to say, oh well I don't have keys so I can't go (my husband and son were at the museum for the afternoon).
I dialed my husband's cell phone. I knew if I called him I would have to go because I had left my keys in my sons's bag, which was now being carted around the museum, and he would encourage me to run and come get them. He did, so I did.
I ran down to the museum, met them in lobby to grab my keys, and headed back out into the cold. Still reluctant, I wound around the area of the park nearest to our apartment, so I could wuss out whenever I wanted and go home of course. I wrapped up my run after circling the castle and great lawn, then came home and mapped it out. A whopping 2.7 miles, and I will take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment