My memory lapse may have caused me to inadvertently negate one of the cardinal rules of running: don't run in worn out shoes. A few hours after my long run yesterday, I began to feel sharp pains in my right calf and shin. These pains got progressively worse as the day passed. I iced my shin (the worst area of pain) and took some motrin in hopes that I had just irritated it...well much to my chagrin the pain has not subsided today. Could I have really caused an injury with one long run in my old shoes? Surely not. I hope.
So all I had to run today was 3 miles easy, thankfully, but even that was a challenge. My right shin was on fire the entire run and it took me 32+ minutes to run the 3 miles. So discouraging. I am going to ice it again and load up on the motrin...we will see what tomorrow brings. I am hopeful that this is just inflammation so I can carry on with my training...I'm too close now to suffer an injury.
No comments:
Post a Comment