My husband and son came along with me today on my 5 mile run, which I always love. 99% of my runs are in Central Park, my backyard, and really how can you complain about one of the best parks in the world as your training ground? Typically I don't, but it is frustrating to try and run when they open one of the drives to commuters for a few hours in the morning and evening (rush hour). Especially when I am running with my one year old, it's just best to avoid the traffic even with the designated running lane. Somehow that thin white line just doesn't instill a lot of peace of mind for me against the barrage of NYC cab drivers. All this to say, my 5 miler today was an assemblage of winding around on the bridle path, through the great lawn, and in between the baseball fields. It was a nice change of scenery, but also kind of annoying. But like I said, who can complain? That's just life ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment