After my class today, and after we got our son off to sleep, I headed out the door for my 5 mile hill workout. I was still exhausted from the long 2-day intensive course, but I was also ready to get a good run in. It was already 7:30pm, so I thought the park may be a bit less crowded. I was wrong. Dead wrong. All of the local training teams were out doing interval training runs (TNT, NYRR, etc.). I started off on my North Hills workout, but was constantly fighting for running space in the running lanes, so after 2.5 miles I headed south to the great lawn area...where some punk thought it would be funny to say 'tag your it' while I ran by and throw a basketball at me...which hit me in the hip. Fabulous. I was thinking the world needed more jackasses. Check.
So my hill workout turned out to be a furious hill workout with the aforementioned frustrations. I finished up in just over 48 minutes. You win some you lose some.
No comments:
Post a Comment