Sunday, August 29, 2010

Recovery

I was incredibly sore when I woke up this morning, I could hardly drag myself out of bed. I knew that yesterdays run was taxing on me, but I had hoped that I was fit enough that I would just experience a bit of stiffness today. No such luck. Part of me was thinking that I am grateful that I have 10 more weeks to train for the marathon, and the other part of me was thinking I have 10 more weeks of training, ugh. I was most disappointed because my lack of energy and near immobility kept me from playing with my son today. I literally spent the first half of the day going back and forth between the sofa and the chair in our living room. Lame.

Around 4pm, I did muster enough energy to put on some running clothes and go out to the park with my husband and son. We went to one of our favorite grassy areas to let my son run around and play, and ended up meeting a couple who both run and the husband is also training for NYC; their son was 7 months old but he and our son played pretty well anyway. It was kind of exciting to talk to others about our training, even on a day when I was beginning to doubt my decision to run. 

We left the grassy area and ran a 2 mile recovery run to hopefully help loosen up my legs, and ended at a playground for my son. The run was painful, but also felt kind of good to get the blood flowing...I still winced when I had to carry the running stroller down the stairs to our apartment, but at least I got back out there, ran an bit and salvaged the day. Total mileage for the week = 34.

No comments: