Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time Trial +

This week has been a doozy with work and family and just life...everyone has those weeks. It's only Thursday and I've already taken my 2 (sacred) rest days. I am scheduled to do my 1 mile time trial today, which I had planned to do as part of an easy 4 miler. I knew I had to at least get the 4 miler in, but I was not convinced that the time trial would happen. 

When I swung around to the East side and approached my "mark" for go time, I decided to compromise. I picked up the pace for the length of the time trial and was at about 80%. This way I figured I am still meeting the intent with the quick pace, but not going all out with my nonexistent energy levels. I ended up running an 8 minute pace (time trial 3 weeks ago all out was a 7:22). I think if I had been able to run all out I would have beaten the 7:22. 

I finished up the 4 mile run and chalked this one up to a ragged week. I am going to run an unscheduled time trial next week on an actual track to get a feel for my fitness level to date.

No comments: