Every August NYC closes down Park Avenue from 72nd street all the way down to the Brooklyn bridge for three Saturdays in a row, a program called Summer Streets. I love being able to run unabashed through NYC...it makes me feel like I am in a movie or a video game. Yesterday was the City's first installment for 2010 and it did not disappoint. I actually was scheduled to run an easy 5 miles, but I could not pass up the opportunity to hop on my road bike and turn it into a cross training day. My husband and son and I biked all the way down to the Brooklyn Bridge and back. Awesome. I figured, hey this isn't one of my quality runs, so I can afford use it as a cross train day. Besides, I did bike 15 miles and that counts for something! I logged it as a 3 mile run.
No comments:
Post a Comment